Sunday, January 26, 2014

Just a beginner

I started this blog 3 years ago and since then have posted only once. I didn't know much about blogging then, I still don't. I have never been one to keep a journal or pour out my feelings into anything that could potentially be used against me in the future. However my days of teenage angst and constant drama are long behind me and now I am finding there are many pros to daily writing.
My true reason for beginning this blogging adventure
is in hopes that it will be a tool that I can use, a kind of sounding board to bounce ideas off of and provide inspiration for me to continue to try and be a better person.
I am hoping to share my journey as a wife and mother in all its imperfect glory and maybe inspire others to stop trying to make life a perfect Pinterest page and enjoy the dirty house and laughter that follows.
This is my living room. It is a mess. It is cluttered with toys, and peppered with cheerios. Our furniture doesn't match and my coffee table is currently my son's sesame street activity center. The only decoration on the wall is a shelf holding video games out of the little ones reach, an old school ladder that I hang blankets on and a temperature gage with a picture of a bass on it. The hubby is asleep on the couch, you can see his foot sticking up in the picture. The dog has claimed the other couch.
This is Achilles, aka Chilli dog.
This is the start of focusing on a simple life. We will still make plans, we will have parties, house projects and days where all we do is clean. What I don't want to do is always be focusing on what's next, what else has to be done. I want my son to have endless memories of us together, doing things together and less time playing on his own because I'm busy. So, while he is napping I will write, when I have the chance to remind myself of how wonderful the simplest of things are, including lazy, messy Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment